Re: ncurses 4.1

From: Bryan Henderson <bryanh_at_giraffe.netgate.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 19:42:15 -0700

My understanding of the hacker/free software tradition is that ESR and
Zeyd have the right to ncurses name (think trademark) and to be given
credit for any contribution (think plaigarism) they made to what
Dickey distributes, but not to stop Dickey from using their code in
his distribution (think traditional copyright).

Of course, as a user I'd be disappointed to see ncurses efforts split
between two forks, or to have to maintain two libraries to support all
my applications, or for Dickey's version to be renamed while the old
one just dies, but I think the fathers of ncurses have a right to have
that happen if they should want to.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 415-428-7631
Los Altos, California