Re: pcurses license

From: Jason Evans <jasone_at_mrc.uidaho.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> I sent email to Pavel last night (having gotten a current address via
> DejaNews), and he has no problems with that. Jason was misinterpreting my
> statement of distaste (for the removal of the original author's name from
> files rather than citing the author in the copyright notice), as opposed to
> a claim that they'd violated his legal rights).

My apologies for misunderstanding the current license on pcurses. I
wasn't trying to drag old skeletons out of the closet, but did think it
prudent to make sure that the pcurses license allowed what is currently
being discussed in the ncurses negotiations. All the information I had
available to me pointed to the pcurses license I mailed out yesterday.
Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Jason

Jason Evans: [MRC System Administrator]
e-mail: [jasone_at_mrc.uidaho.edu]
office phone: [(208) 885-7226]
home phone: [(208) 882-6745]
quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration." - Thomas Edison]