Re: A reminder about the facts

From: Eric S. Raymond <esr_at_snark.thyrsus.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:10:31 -0400 (EDT)

Charles:
> Eric, would you care if other people took over ncurses as long as they
> changed the name? Then you can keep the 'original' ncurses and there would
> simply be a split. You can find someone competent to take control of your
> distribution....

I don't need to keep ncurses if I can release it to a successor I
trust. And I don't want there to be a split for reasons I've gone
into.

But I *will not* allow any derivative of my code to remain under
Thomas Dickey's usurping authority, and that is final and not
negotiable. He's still under threat of being sued or jailed for
copyright violation under the Berne Convention if he tries, and I'm
not kidding about that.

I am certain Zeyd will back me 100% on this.

--
		Eric S. Raymond